Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Werner Bischof

This first photo taken by Bischof really stood out to me. I was drawn to the level of emotion displayed in the eyes of the children. With the older woman in the background, it appears as if the photo is forshadowing the life of the young girl holding the small child. One may assume the older woman is the mother of the three children, and relies on her oldest daughter to assist her in the childcare. I found this to be a very moving photo that certainly allowed me to project myself into the lives of these people.












I found this second photo of Bischof's to be a lot lighter in humor. I thought it beautifully captured the excitement of the children in their innocent game of tug-of-war. The caption read "FINLAND. Village of Naarva. Students of a country school during their recreation. 1948."

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Insightful comments Janelle.